The Best Lemon Bars Ever
My wonderful mother-in-law, Helen, gave me this recipe. After you taste these, no other lemon bar will match up. If I weren’t a professional speaker, I’d be a professional lemon bar baker.
You don’t even need a mixer for this. Preheat oven to 350.
- In an 8×8″ pan, melt 1/2 cup butter.
- Stir in 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 1 cup flour. Pat into a crust in bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350 for 18 minutes until crust is light brown.
- While crust is baking, mix in small mixing bowl, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 Tb. flour, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice and 2 well-beaten eggs.
- Pour mixture over warm crust. Bake 20-25 minutes at 350.
- Sift powdered sugar over top of bars while hot. Cut into squares while warm.
- Refrigerate when cool, or freeze.
Makes sixteen bars.