Poor Communication Skills Get In The Way Of
Productivity And Job Satisfaction
It seems that if we’re all speaking the same language, we should be able to communicate clearly. Turns out no two of us are speaking the same language. Age, health, position, gender, past experience, current challenges and what you had for breakfast affect how you send and receive communication.
It’s not just what you say. It’s how you say it and to whom.
Using the DiSC communication styles profile, participants gain insight into their own way of communicating, making decisions, working with others and dealing with projects. Importantly, participants learn how others deal with these areas.
If you understand how others communicate, you can adjust your style to accommodate their style. You’re more likely to be heard and your message will be received as intended.
This is invaluable information when working with others, interviewing for a job, soliciting business, dealing with conflict, networking, training and more.
What you get:
- The DiSC profile summary. It takes less than 15 minutes to take the DiSC profile on line. You and Karen will get a full report.
- A review with Karen of your DiSC profile. Your brain synapses will be firing as you learn more about communication than you ever thought you knew.
- A game plan for communicating with others and dealing with your unique challenges.
- You’ll be able to communicate more effectively with people in your professional and personal life
- You’ll feel more confident when you communicate
- You’ll get more accomplished since your communication won’t be missing the mark
Communication styles is perfect for a stand-alone session or as a precursor to more in depth communication training.
Team building, career building, business building can’t be done well without knowledge of communication styles.
“Because Karen’s personality and style resonated well with our staff, we invited her back to present a program on communication styles. This program helped employees understand their own communication style, understand how to recognize the communication style of others, and learn how to better relate to differing styles in order to reduce frustration and to get more accomplished. The value of this program has been widely touted by those who participated.” Bob Felsburg, President, Felsburg, Holt & Ullevig Consulting Engineers